An RGO (Reciprocating Gait Orthosis) is a highly specialised device which works on the principle of Reciprocating Gait. If a patient flexes his right hip, then the device helps in extension of left hip which gives the patient stability to stand without support and allows him to walk. The RGO is a revolutionary device that helps in restoring mobility for patients. Its advanced technology helps patients to be more comfortable while walking.
Features and Benefits:
- Maximum stability at the hip, knee, foot and ankle complex.
- Can be fabricated from plastic, carbon composites, hybrid variations.
- Various style hip, knee, and ankle joints available per patient presentation and diagnosis.
- Used for conditions like muscular imbalance and/or weakness, paralysis, cerebral palsy, muscular dystropy and Multiple Sclerosis
- Can be fabricated from plastic, carbon composites, hybrid variations, leather and metal
Types of RGO:
Hip Joint Options
Free, Variable Range of Motion, Flexion, Extension, Abduction, Abduction
Fixed, Locked, Off-Set
Knee Joint Options
Free Knee, Drop lock, Stance Control, Off-Set Knee, Extension Assist,
Electronic Control, Variable Range of Motion, Fixed Range of Motion
Ankle Joint Options
Solid, Semi-Solid, Articulated, Double Action, Variable Range of Motion, Plantar and Dorsiflexion, Assists and Stops
Comprehensive Prosthetics & Orthotics (CPO) held a three-day camp (16th, 17th, 18th April, 2014), in association with a city-based NGO, Shree Bidada Sarvodaya Trust, during which the disabled were fitted with Reciprocating Gait Orthoses (RGO) device. During the camp, CPO customised the device for individual patients and followed the complete procedure from taking measurement, to fitting and providing Gait Training, which is termed as RGO Fitting.
Usually, it takes 18-20 days for a paraplegic to start walking with the help of an RGO. However, CPO made sorts of records at the Bhuj camp by making them walk with the RGO support in just three days.
For more information on the RGO, please call our Customer Relations helpline at 011-64000-250.